On Jan. 10, 1963, ten-term Democrat Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr., who represented Florida’s 5th District, read a list of 45 Communist goals into the Congressional Record. The list was derived from researcher and former FBI agent Cleon Skousen’s book “The Naked Communist.”
Of course this isn’t new information, but it is even more critical today than it was then with the passage of time. It is now fifty-one years later and the hard work of the communists seems to be paying off – for them, and they aren’t through. Every American should be clamoring in the streets over what is taking place. The fact that we aren’t is frightening.
While some of those 45 seem irrelevant now, most are clearly in play in today’s Democrat Party as well as American politics and government. I’ve placed what I see to be the nineteen most blatant examples of the serious reality that we face at the top. Another nineteen relevant but less dire points are listed in the second group. I left some out of the article as they don’t seem clearly to be as serious of factors in today’s world, but they can be referenced here as part of the complete list.
The nineteen most blatant examples, in my view, with their original number as entered into the Congressional Record are:
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
13. Do away with loyalty oaths.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the U.S.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
24.Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural and healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
The second group of nineteen follows here:
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extend long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China and admission of Red China to the U.N.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings,” substituting shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. ” Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
30. Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose communist goals.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
45. Repeal the Connally Reservation so the U.S. cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
It is also important to recognize that, while the language or stated goals of certain activities may change for purposes of deception or cover, the acts themselves reveal what is at work.
It is interesting to note that some of the recent speeches by Vladimir Putin are in direct opposition to the above listed points. Is it possible that he has recognized the inevitable failure of that system from the inside or does he have other motives?
In America, the drive for a communist takeover of definitely seems to be full implementation. As we have been warned, the takeover won’t be a military action. The plan is that Americans will just wake up one day and the transition will have been completed. Of course, we could, as a nation, foil their plans if we “wake up” before then.