The 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees our people the right to redress of grievances. This is to say we have the right to take our issues to our government in order to have them resolved. Evidently the Congress persons making up the subcommittee in the House Ways and Means that will be deciding HR 589 seem to have taken the position that our 1st Amendment guarantee is conditional and only applies to them as federal employees in reference to their own constituents.
The members of the committee who are deciding an issue that will affect U.S. citizens in every district across this country are saying they will only listen to input from their constituents in their individual districts. This is a blatant violation of every other U.S. citizen’s right to equal access under the 14th Amendment and our right to redress of grievances under the 1st Amendment.
Geoff Davis (R) is chairing the subcommittee and is one of those telling us that only his constituents can contact him. Well let’s take a look and see who else can actually have contact with Mr. Davis, better yet let’s see who from foreign countries that are not even American citizens have bought his attention. The following is quoted off Foreign Lobbying Influence Tracker.
Contacts from foreign lobbyists with Geoff Davis and staff
- 4-14-09 – Two meetings with lobbyists for Bank of the Netherlands Antilles from Netherlands Antilles about OECD and pending tax legislation HR 1265 and S 506.
- 10-14-09 – Meeting with lobbyist for Dept. of Trade and Industry Republic of the Philippines from Philippines about support for HR 3039 trade legislation.
- 9-16-09 – Meeting with Federation of Industries of the State of Sao Paulo from Brazil to educate and advocate for the extension of the current GPS program.
- 5-07-08, 7-11-08, 7-23-09 – Meetings with Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt – Accompanied a delegation of senior Egyptian military officers to their appointment with the following members of Congress.
- 3-30-09 – Email with the Government of Turkey regarding Turkey Caucus letter to Obama
- 3-31-09 – Phone call with the Government of Turkey regarding Turkey Caucus letter to Obama
- 7-07-09, 7-08-09, 7-14-09, 7-20-09 – Emails with the Government of Turkey regarding Cyprus reunification.
- 12-04-08, 12-11-08 – Emails with the Kurdistan Regional Government from Iraq regarding Kurdish American Caucus.
- 3-05-09 – Two phone calls with the Republic of Panama regarding follow up on Ambassador appointment request.
- 4-02-09 – Meeting with Republic of Panama due to travel schedule.
It is clear where Mr. Davis’ interests lie and that would be in selling us out for profit. He is nothing but a bought and paid for corporate lapdog and he is spitting on our rights.
We are going to bring a new member of the subcommittee forth every day until we have shown that every damn one of them has sold our country and our people out. Once we have done so we are going to inundate Attorney General Eric Holder’s office with phone calls, emails, and faxes demanding that they be prosecuted for violating our Constitutional rights.
They may come from a single district in a single state but by God we are all paying for their outrageous salaries and lavish benefit packages. And like I said the issue before them is the business of every 99er.
If nothing else these dirt bags had better know that their treachery is going to stop as the next time they come up for election they are going to be voted out, as I have no doubt there will be plenty of 99ers among their constituents to do so.
To Geoff Davis I say, “How dare you think you can put yourself above we the people, who are your employers? I am ordering you, public employee, you give us our lawful access or we are going to fire your ass.”
Call the Capitol switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask for the members of the Sub-Committee on Human Services.
- Geoff Davis, KY, Chairman
- Lloyd Doggett, TX Ranking Member
- Jim McDermott, WA
- John Lewis, GA
- Joseph Crowley, NY
- Adrian Smith, NE
- Erik Paulsen, MN
- Rick Berg, ND
- Tom Price, GA
- Diane Black, TN
- Charles Boustany, LA