To enhance your coffee drinking pleasure and avoid the toxic flavored creamers on the market, here are 25 ways to do that. First the basic instructions.
Choose the milk and cream or half-and-half that’s as healthy as possible, usually organic grass-fed cows will give you that. If you prefer non-dairy milks, make sure you check out the ingredients closely. Avoid soy alternatives.
Next, choose a sweetener that’s non-GMO and is minimally processed. Raw honey, turbinado, sucanat, muscovado, brown sugar, pure maple syrup all molasses are all possible choices. White sugar can be used in place of turbinado if it isn’t available, but you should always avoid processed food items when possible.
When you have your flavoring choice and sweetener together, warm up 3 cups of half-and-half or 1.5 cups of milk and 1.5 cups of cream sufficiently to dissolve the flavored powders and sweeteners of choice. Here’s the list of 25 flavors mixtures, courtesy of The Organic Prepper.
1) Mocha Java: 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 4 tbsp of muscovado or brown sugar
2) Mexican Mocha: Same as Mocha Java, but add 1 tsp of cinnamon
3) Nutella or Chocolate Hazelnut: 4 tbps of Nutella, sweetener unnecessary
4) Gingerbread: 2 tsp molasses, 2 tbsp of muscavodo or brown sugar, 1/2 tsp each of ginger, clove, and cinnamon
5) Almond Toffee: 4 tbsp of your sugar choice, 1 tsp of almond extract
6) Vanilla Latte: 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract, 4 tbsp of turbinado sugar
7) Great White North Maple Java: 6 tbsp of pure maple syrup
8) Mocha Mint: 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp of pur peppemint extract, 4 tbsp of turbinado sugar
9) Cinnamon Roll: 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 4 tbsp of muscovado or brown sugar, a dash of sea salt
10) Caramel Mockiatto: 6 tbsp of muscovado or brown sugar, dash of salt, 1 tbsp of cocoa, 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
11) Amaretto: 1 tbsp almond extract, 4 tbsp turbinado or white sugar
12) Cherry Amaretto: 1 tbsp almond extract, 4 tbsp turbinado or white sugar, 1/2 tsp of cherry extract
13) White Chocolate Mocha: 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1 tsp of cocoa — whisk the chips in the warm milk enough to melt and mix them
14) Mint White Chocolate: Just like #13, but add 1 tsp of pure peppermint extract
15) Black Forest: 2 tbsp cocoa, 4 tbsp muscovado or brown sugar, 1 tsp of cherry extract
16) Chocolate Coconut Mocha: 2 tbsp cocoa, 4 tbsp turbinado or white sugar, 2 tsp coconut extract, or use coconut milk for half of your milk cream mixture
17) Irish Cream: 2 tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 2 tbsp instant coffee, 4 tbsp turbinado sugar
18) Eggnog: 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 2 tsp rum extract, 1 tsp nutmeg
19) Pumpkin Pie Latte: No need for Starbucks! 3 tbsp pumpkin puree, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 4 tbsp muscovado or brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
20) Hazelnut: 1 tsp hazelnut extract, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 4 tbsp turbinado or white sugar
21) Frangelico Cream: 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of hazelnut extract, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 4 tbsp of muscovado or brown sugar
22) Chai Latte: Simmer 3 Chai tea bags in creamer, mix with 4 tbsp muscovado or brown sugar
23) Chocolate Raspberry: 4 tbsp seedless raspberry jelly, 2 tbsp cocoa powder
24) Almond Joy: 2 tbsp of cocoa, 4 tbsp of turbinado or white sugar, 1 tsp almond extract, 2 tsp coconut extract or replace half your milk mixture with coconut milk
25) Salted Caramel: 6 tbsp muscovado or brown sugar, dash of salt