A petition addressed to Prime Minister Jean Castex, signed by over sixty elected officials including Jean-Luc Mélenchon (deputy of Bouches-du-Rhône (FI)), Manon Aubry (European deputy (FI)) or Michèle Rubirola ( mayor of Marseille) who urged the government to decide on a moratorium on the deployment of 5G. The petition references the increase in wireless exposure and the need to assess environmental effects before deploying 5G.
“We, mayors and elected officials are immediately proposing a moratorium on the deployment of 5G at least until the summer of 2021. During this moratorium, we are asking for a decentralized democratic debate on 5G and on digital uses. We ask the municipalities for the right to subsidiarity concerning the application of the precautionary principle.”
“The 5G wave emissions are added to those of previous technologies, 4G, 3G and 2G, which will lead to an increase in the level of exposure of the population to the waves. Likewise, it is urgent to question the health impact of the proliferation of hyperconnected objects.”
“The environmental impact induced by digital uses continues to increase, and, with the explosion of uses, the gains expected by the falsely called “dematerialization” have not been demonstrated. …In addition, the deployment of 5G will exponentially accelerate the exploitation of non-renewable natural resources, pollution due to the extraction of rare metals, and the generation of a quantity of waste that can hardly be recycled. At present, a very small number of mobile phones in circulation and on sale are compatible with 5G. The deployment of this mobile network will therefore involve the renewal of a large part of the equipment, further increasing the ecological footprint and the weight of waste, in an attempt to benefit from a technological innovation whose usefulness remains to be demonstrated. A preliminary environmental impact study on 5G is therefore necessary before considering its deployment.”
A rapidly growing list of governments are investigating 5G amidst the growing awareness of health and environmental impacts. Many are suspending deployment while the issue is examined. Examples include Slovenia, Nigeria, PaPau New Guinea, Belgium, Netherlands, and Australia. Over 415 Cities in Italy, several Cantons in Switzerland, and several municipalities in the United Kingdom and Ireland have passed resolutions to halt the roll out.
There is a large and growing body of scientific evidence indicating that the densification of 5G and small cells will create serious health and environmental impacts due t the increased radiofrequency radiation exposure. Read published research HERE.
This petition from France joins numerous official calls to halt 5G. For example:
- US Doctors and Experts National 5G Resolution
- Scientific Appeal on 5G To the European Commission
- 5G Appeal to Stop Deployment on Earth and Space : There are 201,383 signatories from 202 nations and territories as of February 14th, 2020; Scientists (4,503), Engineers (8,036), Medical Doctors (2,593), Nurses (4,177), Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Social Workers(9,663), Doctors of Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Medical Qigong (2,777), Doctors of Oriental Medicine (770), Chiropractors (412), Dentists (438), Pharmacists (552), Architects and Builders (3,137), Building Biologists (271), Veterinarians (344), Beekeepers (657), Other Professions (54,148), Citizens (78,082), Organizations (1,835)
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- 400 Medical Professionals Letter to the FCC
- Bund signs petition to stop 5G in Hamburg,
- 70 doctors from Baden-Württemberg have signed the open letter to Prime Minister Kretschmann
- Hippocrates Electrosmog Appeal of Belgium
- US Doctors and Experts National 5G Resolution
- Position Paper on 5G of the Pancyprian Medical Association and Cyprus National Committee on the Environment and Child Health
- International Society of Doctors for the Environment.
- Physicians of Turin,
- Canadian Doctors
LETTERS AND OFFICIAL BRIEFINGS ON 5G
Briefing on 5G Health Impacts by Dr. Martin Pall: “5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field(EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them”
November 19, 2018 – Magda Havas, BSc, PhD, Trent University, Peterborough, Canada – Open Letter: Need to Consider Health Effects Associated with Radio Frequency and Microwave Radiation before Deployment of 5G.
November 19, 2018 – Paul Héroux, Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism, McGill University Medicine, Montreal – Open Letter
November 21, 2018 – Yuri Grigoriev, Dr. Sc. Med., Professor, Academician of Russian Academy of Electrotechnical Sciences – Open Letter: From Electromagnetic Smog to Electromagnetic Chaos Evaluating the Hazards of Mobile Communication for Public Health
December 7, 2018 – David O. Carpenter, Director, Institute for Health and the Environment, University at Albany, State University of New York – Open Letter to Ministers and Members of Parliament of the Brussels Capital Region
December 13, 2018 – Olle Johansson, associate professor / retired from the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, and the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden – Letter of Concern, addressed to the decision-makers of the City of Brussels
May 15, 2019- Magda Havas, BSc, PhD, Trent University, Peterborough, Canada Affidavit on 5G to Canadian Parliament with non profit EMF OFF.
2019 Letters to the Government of Guernsey