Last night I was listening to a “rebroadcast” of Art Bell on Coast To Coast radio from early 2002, when a concerned caller mentioned a P3 war game simulation held in 2001! It was something I had forgotten about. More importantly, it may also be pertinent to something Joe Biden said during the last presidential debate a few weeks ago. It was a phrase he coined; to the effect that we (Americans) are about to enter a: “DARK WINTER.”
My friends I give you: The Dark Winter Bioterrorism War Game Simulation Exercise of June 22-23, 2001, a little more than two months prior to the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, in New York City.
1. Dark Winter: Bioterrorism Simulation Exercise, Simulations and Tabletop Exercises – Center for Strategic & International Studies/CSIS https://www.csis.org/programs/international-security-program/isp-archives/homeland-security-and-counterterrorism-progr-14
2. Final Script – Dark Winter: Bioterrorism Exercise; Andrews Air Force Base, June 22-23, 2001 https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/our-work/events-archive/2001_dark-winter/Dark%20Winter%20Script.pdf
3. Dark Winter – Overview: John Hophins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Health Security https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/our-work/events-archive/2001_dark-winter/
4. The Dark Winter Scenario And Bioterrorism; Senate Hearing 107-431 (PROVIDES LIST OF SENATORS AT HEARING) https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-107shrg79479/html/CHRG-107shrg79479.htm
5. Shining Light on “Dark Winter” – Oxford Academic, Clinical Infectious Diseases (PROVIDES AN INTERESTING LIST OF ATTENDEES AT PANDEMIC WAR GAME EXERCISE, BOTH ORGANIZATIONALLY AND INDIVIDUALLY) https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/34/7/972/316999
6. America’s Pandemic War Games Don’t End Well – Foreign Policy Online https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-pandemic-war-games-simulation-dark-winter/