NYPD is searching for a man who’s been vandalizing apartment buildings throughout Manhattan by drawing swastikas and penises on more than a dozen doors in the last 30 days.
The man’s vandalism includes:
- In the evening of Nov. 26, the man entered a Kips Bay high-rise near Madison Avenue and East 29th Street and vandalized apartment doors on the 48th floor with drawings of two swastikas, male genitals, and “Max G was here”.
- A few days later, the man went inside a Financial District apartment building near Pine Street on Dec. 2 at about 3 p.m. He drew an upside-down cross on the building’s elevator doors, and multiple swastikas, male genitals and the tag “Max G was here” on apartment doors.
- On Dec. 18, the man entered an apartment building near North Moore and Greenwich streets and drew a swastika, male genitals and “Max G was here” on two floors.
- The next day, the man went inside a Chelsea apartment building, located on W. 29th St., at about 11 p.m. and drew swastikas and male genitals on nine doors.
- The most recent vandalism happened on Dec. 23, when the man entered another Chelsea apartment building, on W. 23 St., and drew a swastika, male genitals and “Max G was here” on various doors.
On December 27, NYPD released a photo of the man they believe has spray-painted the hateful images.
Police have not yet identified the suspect. The police department’s hate crimes task force is investigating the incidents. (Source: Patch)