Oregon boy, 8, dies from flesh-eating bacteria days after falling off bike

Note: This is truly a tragedy. An 8 year-old dead over a minor bike fall? No way! How much you want to bet that the flesh-eating bacteria was picked up in the emergency room of the hospital. How much do you want to bet that this emergency room treats illegal aliens. This is where an investigation should begin! 

Fox News

Like most 8-year-old boys, Liam Flanagan was used to getting a few scrapes and bruises here and there — nothing major.  

So when the second-grader took a tumble off his bike on the driveway of his family’s farm in Pilot Rock, Ore., and suffered a large gash on his thigh he didn’t panic. His mom, Sara Hebard, rushed him to the emergency room, where he was given seven stitches.

“It wasn’t a big deal. It wasn’t a bad one. It just needed a few stitches is all, that’s it,” she told Fox 12. “And he was taking it like a trooper.”

The doctor slapped on a bandage, gave his mom some follow-up instructions and Flanagan was on his way home. Hebard assumed her little boy would be just fine.

But within days, Flanagan’s pain seemed to get worse.

Hebard gave him some Tylenol to try to ease the pain, but Flanagan continued to ache.

As a precaution, Hebard decided to take him back to the hospital, where she was shocked to discover flesh-eating bacteria had spread from Flanagan’s ankle to his armpit.

“There was a complication with the incision,” Hebard explained on a GoFundMe page to raise money for medical expenses. “He was rushed in for emergency surgery to remove some infected tissue.”

Doctors tried to remove as much of the bacteria as they could in his first surgery. Afterward, Flanagan was airlifted to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland for more tests.

“I mean, how… how… that’s what I ask – how?” Hebard asked. “There’s just no answer.”

On Sunday, after undergoing several surgeries, Flanagan died. His death was a result of necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease that targets the soft tissue.

Hebard is now sharing her son’s story to warn parents about the rare condition.

“I would have to say for one, hug your children tight because you never know how quickly it goes, and then to pay attention to them and don’t just take for granted it could just be a simple accident,” she told Fox 12. “And to spread awareness because people don’t know. I had never even heard of this before.”


8 thoughts on “Oregon boy, 8, dies from flesh-eating bacteria days after falling off bike

  1. something from the hospital or from mass produced food. we’ll never know….

    we used the book “how to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor”.

    going to the er for a scrape is really pretty stupid in general.

  2. This “flesh eating bacteria” was brought here by the wetbacks, and delivered to every corner of the country on commercial jets by your last two treasonous presidents.

    I’d be willing to bet that Mexicans are immune to it…..they just carried it here as a present to the gringos.

  3. “Doctors tried to remove as much of the bacteria as they could in his first surgery.”



      1. It’s hammered the last 5 colds that attempted to infect me right out of existence before they even got a toehold, Joe.

        That’s one of many reasons they don’t want us to know about it. Think of the plethora of cold ‘remedies’ that would sit on the shelves – untouched.

  4. Well, since my father died from a MRSA staph infection after getting back surgery while in a hospital…. And now, of course, they, the CPEs, want to ban homeopathic cures… And folks wonder why I’d prefer not to see a doctor, and other folks wonder why you have to PAY a good part of your social security for ALLOPATHIC ONLY Medicare Part B! (and Medicare Part A only pays 80 percent of what Medicare allows!), and then you have to pay more for “medigap” insurance….just so a criminal psycho doctor can kill you at will…

    Next thing you know, a (potential) survivor is going to have to sign a WAIVER in order to get their husband or wife or child into a hospital….if the CPE doc “unintentionally” kills the patient, you can’t sue to doctor or the hospital!

Join the Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *