I’ve never been to Vermont but I’ve heard it’s wonderful. Sounds like many residents are determined to keep it that way – at least in Burlington (estimated population 42,452 in 2015):
Verizon has pulled their petition to place wireless boosters on seven different utility poles in Burlington, citing a collection of provisions the town enacted as unacceptable in order to proceed with the project.
In July, Verizon approached the Board of Selectmen with the proposal of installing wireless signal boosters onto established utility poles at seven different locations in Burlington. The wireless boosters are canister-shaped boxes, 12 inches in diameter and 38 inches high. Verizon has cited gaps in coverage, as well as increased use of the wireless network, as reasons for installing the boosters.
Since then, the board has received complaints from the public about the project, including questioning the necessity of increased coverage, health and safety issues, and concerns about approving the project would be setting a precedent for other companies to install more antennas in the community.
In response to those complaints, the town formed the Small Cells Committee to address the issues and establish a policy concerning the installation of the boosters. The conditions included that no apparatus could be attached to a double-pole, the equipment should be colored like the pole to blend in, and that Verizon would have to go through an annual recertification process.
Many Americans are concerned about wireless radiation exposure. Many are also determined to stop the enforcement of horrible state and federal legislation that has severely reduced municipal control in regard to the installation of 4G and 5G small cell towers and related wireless infrastructure – above ground and below. Activist Post has reported many times about this already:
- You Can’t Be Pro 5G and Pro-Life — Research and Recent Events Prove It
- International Appeal and Petition: Stop 5G on Earth and in Space
- Net Neutrality and Small Cell Towers: How Much Did Politicians Receive From Big Wireless and Big Cable?
- Anarchy For The UK: Residents Win Court Case Against 5G Street Lamps That Made Them Sick
- Surveys Show Many Americans Don’t Know About 5G and Small Cell Towers Are Being Installed EVERYWHERE For It. Many Also Have Grave Concerns
- The FCC’s Slice and Dice of States’ Rights and Consumer Protections” and More by Bruce Kushnick
- Cities Sue FCC on $2B Municipal Giveaway to Big Wireless for Installing 5G Everywhere
All concerned Americans are encouraged to contact the following organizations to learn more about what they can do to stop unsightly, unhealthy, and unnecessary small cell tower infrastructure from being installed near their homes and throughout the communities.