Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has a great idea. He wants Obama to bring all the illegals to Illinois! In a state that sits at the bottom of every metric that makes a successful state–rampant unemployment, lowest job creation, highest debt, biggest pension crisis, worst business climate–Pat Quinn wants to import thousands of people who have no jobs and no prospects for one, people with no education, and people possibly full of diseases right here to the Land of Lincoln.
On Friday evening after the news day was done, Quinn announced that he is prepared to give as many illegals as Obama can spare a place to stay in Illinois.
During the announcement, Quinn spokesman Grant Klintzman said, “If a location is needed we are prepared to aid the federal government in finding a suitable one.”
Apparently the Governor didn’t just make a fly away announcement, either. He apparently went right to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to insist that Obama spread illegals around Illinois.
This comes as Obama’s HHS is in the hunt for places throughout the US to dump these illegals. Indiana, for instance, has already received over 200 of them and many thousands more are waiting in detention centers in the south west.
But Illinois is probably in the worst shape of any state in the union. As friend John Ruberry notes, “ILL-inois has too many problems already. They include over $5 billion in unpaid bills, $100 billion in unfunded pension debt, and an unemployment rate that is much higher than the national average.”
I have a series of articles detailing how badly behind the rest of the country the State of Illinois is. The state is one massive failure and doesn’t have the giant economy of California to pull it out of its downward spiral even if it had politicians able and willing to do the pulling.
So, in a state that can’t even take care of its own people, in a state whose own social services haven’t been paid for in years, in a state with a failing educational establishment, the most lost jobs, the lowest job creation, in a state with the most citizens leaving… how is it that Gov. Quinn thinks we can accept thousands of illegals to live here on the dole?
Here is the latest list of stories showing that Illinois is the worst of the worst in the country, all thanks to the Democrats, Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan, and Democrat Gov. Pat Quinn:
- Illinois Worst in Midwest for Private Sector Job Creation
- Illinois One of the Worst GDP Growth in Entire Midwest
- Illinois Ranks as ‘Worst’ For Small Businesses
- Of the Fifty, Illinoisans Have Least Trust in the State Government
- Poll: Even People in Illinois Say Illinois Worst State to Live In
- Illinois has the most underfunded pensions in the countryand faces a deficit growth of $17 million per day.
- The state also has the worst funded teachers pensions in the country.
- Illinois was identified as one of the worst states in the union for its oppressive, jobs-killing lawsuit climate
- Illinois had more home foreclosures than almost every other state.
- Illinois ranks as the 49th worst debtor state in the nation.
- Illinois was ranked the 48th worst state for business.
- Illinois ranked 48th for unemployment making it among the worst five states for joblessness.
- Its government also has one of the worst rankings for state transparency and accountability in the nation, too.
- As to big city stats, Chicago tops the nation with the highest unemployment rate.
- Illinois has the worst credit rating
- Illinois Tops Nation in Growth of Food Stamp Recipients
- Mercatus: Illinois ranks at the bottom of the most free states
- Illinois Ranks as One of Worst States for Losing Citizens
“The only end of writing is to enable the reader better to enjoy life, or better to endure it.”
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago based freelance writer. He has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and before that he wrote articles on U.S. history for several small American magazines. His political columns are featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart’sBigGovernment.com, BigHollywood.com, andBigJournalism.com, as well as RightWingNews.com,CanadaFreePress.com, StoptheACLU.com, Wizbang.com, among many, many others. Huston has also appeared on Fox News, Fox Business Network, CNN, and many local TV shows as well as numerous talk radio shows throughout the country.
For a full bio, please CLICK HERE.