Cat Hailed a Hero after Saving Owner from Burning House

Published on Sep 1, 2014 by NTDTV

A tabby cat has been hailed a hero after she woke up her owner and saved him from a fire that destroyed his Melbourne home.

Full Story:

A tabby cat called Sally is being hailed a hero after she saved her owner from his burning home.

Forty nine year old Craig Jeeves said the quick-thinking feline managed to wake him up when the house caught fire.

“She jumped on my head and sort of like was screaming at me and woke me up otherwise I wouldn’t have got up,” Jeeves said.

Jeeves said he adopted Sally from a cat’s home several years ago and now she had returned the favour, local media reported.

The fire service said he was lucky to have got out alive.

“He was alerted to the cat, actually removed himself from the house and was only the crews found him at a later stage once they were actually on scene. He apparently came out of the bush so yes, very thankful that the owner actually got out of the house in time,” said Captain Paul Spinks of the Country Fire Authority.

“Happy I’m alive but yes you replace things but not memories, photos have all gone, trips to Canada, skiing trips I did all overseas. They’re all gone,” Jeeves said.

Jeeves was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and will be staying with neighbours until he is able to rebuild the property, local media reported.

For more news and videos visit ☛
Follow us on Twitter ☛
Add us on Facebook ☛

6 thoughts on “Cat Hailed a Hero after Saving Owner from Burning House

  1. Cats are ok but so are smoke detectors 🙂 In fact, I had a fire at my house and the smoke detector went off. I got the fire extinguisher and put it out. All I lost was a bit of carpet. It was a big fire also…trade your cat for smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher, you dont have to feed them 🙂 Actually, you dont have to trade your cat, but buy a friggin smoke detector idiot! 🙂

  2. Actually, I have a Bubba cat, absolutely fearless and ferocious, silver with
    white makings, who started spitting while I slept on the sofa when some
    papers near the burner on the stove caught on fire. My fire alarm malfunctioned. I thank God for my cat.

    1. Good job, Bubba. 😉

      Only posted this one because I’m a fanatical cat lover.

      Also because I couldn’t find much else worth sending in today. 🙄

      1. Thanks for posting article. Reminded me of what is dear to my heart.
        Most of the time I have to rescue my cat from trouble.

Join the Conversation

Your email address will not be published.