Tear Gas, also known as Capstun ‘capsaicin’ is the active oil in red peppers. If you don’t think something derived from a pepper can be as good as CN or CS tear gas, think again. Even if a person is maced, he can still function if he is motivated enough. Capstun is an irritant that will cause nasal passages to causing the person to breather through their mouth, in turn forcing them to inhale the capstun which causes an immediate reaction…choking. Capstun will effect the eyes with extreme irritation and .tearing. In addition to irritating skin, basically your skin feels like its on fire. Capstun isn’t ‘lethal’ by normal standards, and its affects are not permanent.
How to make Tear Gas at Home
Is it quick and very simple to make. While tear gas is easy to make at home, it could still be very dangerous when you’re heating up the ethyl alcohol – which is flammable.
Homemade Tear Gas Instructions
- First you’ll need 1lb of dried green/red peppers. The hotter the better. Chop them up in a blender and put them into a large jug.
- Add denatured ethyl alcohol to the peppers until they are covered by an inch or two of alcohol. Put the jug into a pot of water on an electric burner and bring the alcohol almost to a simmer.
- Be very careful as the alcohol fumes and can ignite. Don’t use a flame to heat the water. Let the alcohol cool a bit then filter it off. Repeat this step three times.
- Throw out the peppers and put all the alcohol into a large mouthed jar (Mason Jar).
- Take the water pot and heater outside and heat up the alcohol (for safety).
- Evaporate the alcohol down to about 100 mls.
- Filter off the alcohol grain and let it evaporate to leave a thick reddish oil. If you are feeling ballsy, take a very small amount of the oil and give it a taste. Have plenty of milk on hand
How to use Homemade Tear Gas
Capstun is usually used as a 1%/5% solution. Cut it down with mineral oil or another suitable carrier. Stand far back, cover your nose and mouth – throw the carrier. If you want to see the chaos and confusion caused by your decide you better be wearing some protective gear, because this shit burns. Test in an open area with plenty of ventilation.
How to make a Tear Gas Container
Its not hard making a container for this type of tear gas. You can use a cologne/perfume bottle (small glass vile), as long as it has been cleaned out of any chemicals that make cause an unwanted reaction.
Tear gas is readily available for a low price, but when SHTF you might want to keep this little guide on hand. It could save your ass when you run out of bullets and need to disperse a group quickly.
4 thoughts on “How to Make Tear Gas”
Another fun thing to do.
Take an MRE heater and the hot sauce bottle.
Dump one or two of the small tabasco bottle in a small plastic water bottle that is empty.
Stuff the MRE heater in the bottle.
Pour about an inch or two of water in the bottle
Quickly cap it and shake it
Throw in the room that you want to gas and run
When the MRE heater builds up pressure in the bottle it will explode and the tabasco will go everywhere.
It is a crude form of tear gas. Trust me it works
You can even go bigger with more tabasco and a bigger water bottle. Try it a few times to get the perfect combination.
Have fun! 🙂
I made tear gas by accident.
My recipe for “hot potatoes”:
Dice up a potato, cover the pieces in cayenne pepper, and cook ’em up in a mixture of Tabasco and olive oil, and cover the frying pan.
Take the lid off the pan, and inhale deeply if you have some masochistic desire to choke and gag.
Onions always tear me up, too.
As far as the process in making it goes, the instructions aren’t so clear. I’m confused at step 3:
“Let the alcohol cool a bit then filter it off. Repeat this step three times.”
Just how do we filter the alcohol? Do we throw away the peppers and use a 1lb of new ones and heat it two more times in order to repeat it three times? Can anyone explain?