There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. Population is 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.00925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons — gun violence
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths
So technically, “gun violence” is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause. This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and state. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? Yes. How about in comparison to other deaths? Not really. All death, of course, is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime, but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault – all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That’s why they are criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
• 40.000 die from a drug overdose –THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36.000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities (exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical error. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!
So what is the point? If the anti-gun movement focused their attention on healing disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides – simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!
So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? Its pretty simple:
Taking away guns gives control to governments.
The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.
5 thoughts on “An important redpill that explains exactly why Liberals and their “Gun Control” bullsh*t is retarded.”
They’re NOT “retarded”.
They’re evil and sinister, and perfectly aware of the numbers. They lie about them because they’re planning on exterminating white Americans.
This is no longer a political debate now that they’re confiscating guns. It’s real, and the time for arguing these facts is behind us.
“15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified”
Makes total sense. The facts are there. But the “other side” puts both hands over both ears and blindfold themselves because a blinding light hurts the eyes just like truth can hurt the brain. Now it’s happening that anyone against Soros is anti-semetic. Always in these campaigns and spontaneous anything…follow the money…follow the money.Corporations with enough capital to train and feed and house standing armies. Let the State raise the children. SEE THE PROBLEM? The United States was hijacked decades ago….the repeal of Smith-Mundt 5 years ago is obvious……Beware of the propaganda from just 5 media conglomerates controlled by the very few that want anyone who’s self sufficient dead.
Let’s all remember how many bab y’s that are takingen from women wombs every year that are killed but not a word about those killing from the Liberals.
1. Does anyone know how many people in the US own UNREGISTERED Guns, and how many UNREGISTERED guns there are?
2. How many UNLICENSED gun dealers are there, selling UNREGISTERED guns?
3. How many actual “gun grabbers” (people charged with confiscating firearms, not Hollywood celebs wanting our guns grabbed) are there? Or, how many cops/LEOs are there, added to actual American based soldiers or corps of cadets or whatever? Of course, with all the unemployment, “gun grabbers” could simply be hired by “gun grabbing companies” or every damned merc overseas (who know how to shoot folks who won’t give up their guns) can come home and try to actually grab everyone’s guns. Still I think they will not succeed–not when every time some “gun grabbing” outfit pushes their gun grabbing agenda, more and more folks buy more and more guns and ammo.
So, does anyone else think their plot would actually work? It’ll work on some, but not on all. That’s my opinion–honestly I do not know how the govt. would actually take everyone’s guns away. ESPECIALLY if the guns aren’t registered and are purchased from unlicensed gun dealers.