National Review – by Michelle Malkin, July 9, 2009
Only in America could critics of a group called “The Race” be labeled racists. Such is the triumph of left-wing identity chauvinists, whose aggressive activists and supine abettors have succeeded in redefining all opposition as “hate.”
Here are 15 things you should know about “The Race”:
15. “The Race” supports driver’s licenses for illegal aliens.
14.”The Race” demands in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding U.S. citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
13. “The Race” vehemently opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state, and federal authorities.
12. “The Race” opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
11. “The Race” joined the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in a failed lawsuit attempt to prevent the feds from entering immigration information into a key national crime database — and to prevent local police officers from accessing the data.
10. “The Race” opposed the state of Oklahoma’s tough immigration-enforcement-first laws, which cut off welfare to illegal aliens, put teeth in employer sanctions, and strengthened local-federal cooperation and information sharing.
9. “The Race” joined other open-borders, anti-assimilationists and sued to prevent Proposition 227, California’s bilingual education reform ballot initiative, from becoming law.
8. “The Race” bitterly protested common-sense voter ID provisions as an “absolute disgrace.”
7. “The Race” has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.
6. Former “Race” president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton’s Hispanic outreach adviser, said this: “U.S. English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks.” He was referring to U.S. English, the nation’s oldest, largest citizens’ action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. “The Race” also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms “illegal” and “amnesty.”
5. “The Race” gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA). The late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized the organization as “a radical racist group . . . one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West.”
4. “The Race” is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration-enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable news networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves — in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes. The New York Times reported that current “Race” president Janet Murguia believes “hate speech” should “not be tolerated, even if such censorship were a violation of First Amendment rights.”
3. “The Race” sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars (at least $8 million in federal education grants). The schools include Aztlan Academy in Tucson, Ariz., the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, Ariz., Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn., and La Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: “We don’t want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don’t need a White water fountain . . . ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction.”
2. “The Race” has perfected the art of the PC shakedown at taxpayer expense, pushing relentlessly to lower home-loan standards for Hispanic borrowers, reaping millions in federal “mortgage counseling” grants, seeking special multimillion-dollar earmarks, and partnering with banks that do business with illegal aliens.
1. “The Race” thrives on ethnic supremacy — and the elite sheeple’s unwillingness to call it what it is. As historian Victor Davis Hanson observes: “[The] organization’s very nomenclature ‘The National Council of La Raza’ is hate speech to the core. Despite all the contortions of the group, Raza (as its Latin cognate suggests) reflects the meaning of ‘race’ in Spanish, not ‘the people’ — and that’s precisely why we don’t hear of something like ‘The National Council of the People,’ which would not confer the buzz notion of ethnic, racial and tribal chauvinism.”
The fringe is the center. The center is the fringe. Viva La Raza.
– Michelle Malkin is author of Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild.
© 2008 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.
3 thoughts on “La Raza Facts – 15 things you should know.”
“The Race” is a collection of racist wet-backs who have publicly stated their desire to “kill all gringos,” and Eric Holder has made sure they have plenty of guns.
Okay? They’ve declared war on all of us, they’re been armed by our treasonous government, and they depend on “political correctness” to keep you from defending yourself.
Shoot the invading horde of wet-back scum, before they shoot you. Wipe out “The Race”, or your race will be wiped out. It’s that simple.
I am surprised she didn’t say Aztlan publicly supports the liberation of Palestinians from Israeli terrorism (she’d call Palestinians “terrorists” of course), which they do, but she did say Aztlan is opposed to post-9-11 authoritarianism…I guess Aztlan isn’t all bad after all. Neo-cons are such poseurs!
the race can kiss my d!ck and suck my a$$.
It will be a pleasure to shoot them.