Fox News

Washington state’s new voter-approved gun-control measure violates citizens’ Second Amendment right to bear arms, gun-rights advocates including the National Rifle Association asserted in a lawsuit filed Thursday.

The law known as Initiative 1639 was approved by 60 percent of voters in last week’s election. It calls for buyers of semi-automatic rifles to be age 21 or older, pass an enhanced background check and show proof of having taken a firearms training course, Q13 FOX of Seattle reportedContinue reading “Gun-rights advocates sue to block new gun-control law in Washington state”

Fox News

Newly released dashcam video shows the moments a police officer in Arkansas stared down the barrel of a gun during an intense shootout with an illegal immigrant suspect over the weekend.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release the incident happened Sunday, after County Corporal Brett Thompson tried to initiate a traffic stop around 12:43 p.m. in Tontitown, located just outside Fayetteville.   Continue reading “Dashcam video shows moment illegal immigrant suspect opens fire on Arkansas police officer”

Yahoo News

As Democrats count down the days until they take the speaker’s gavel for the first time in eight years, they are wasting no time getting down to the business of legislating. According to NPR, the House’s first vote in the 116th Congress will be on an omnibus bill that overturns Citizens United, depoliticizes the redistricting process, and closes loopholes in government ethics law—ones that happen to accrue to the untold benefit of a certain President of the United States.   Continue reading “Why Automatic Voter Registration Is Good for America, Democracy, and You”

Fox News

A New Jersey couple and a homeless Philadelphia man who were once the symbol of generosity in hard times allegedly conspired with each other to come up with a false story to earn GoFundMe donations and will now face charges, according to a complaint obtained by NBC 10 Philadelphia.

The original story was this: Johnny Bobbitt, who was homeless, gave his last $20 to Kate McClure, a stranded motorist in Philadelphia in November last year, to help her get gas. To thank him, McClure, 28, and her boyfriend, Mark D’Amico, 39, created a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Bobbitt. Around 14,000 people donated to the campaign, which brought in more than $400,000 overall.   Continue reading “Homeless man, couple allegedly conspired to deceive GoFundMe funds: report”

Zero Hedge – by Tyler Durden

The co-author of a widely-cited global warming study has owned up to a major math error uncovered six days after its Oct. 31 publication by an independent scientist.

The study used a new method of measuring the ocean’s absorption of heat, and concluded – through incorrect math – that 60% more heat had been absorbed than previously thought.    Continue reading “Climate Scientists Admit To Major Math Error After Global Warming Study Debunked”

Breitbart – by Katherine Rodriguez

An illegal alien accused of killing three people has been a recipient of the Obama-era Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA) program, immigration officials say.

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesperson told the Springfield News-Leader that Luis Rodrigo Perez, 23, a Mexican national accused of killing three people in Missouri after jail officials released him on domestic violence charges in New Jersey, was a recipient of the DACA program in 2012 and 2014.   Continue reading “Illegal Alien Accused of Killing Three Was a DACA Recipient”

Breitbart – by Neil Munro

The lawsuit by pro-migration, pro-caravan groups against President Donald Trump’s border policy will get a hearing on November 19 in a San Francisco courtroom.

The judge is expected to freeze Trump’s pro-American reform and allow the growing number of caravans and asylum-seeking economic migrants to ask for asylum, get released, take jobs and force down average wages for blue-collar Americans.   Continue reading “Donald Trump’s Caravan Asylum Reforms Get Court Hearing Nov. 19”

USA Today

WAVERLY, Ohio — Six members of a family who have close business and family ties with the eight members of an Ohio family slain in April 2016 in Pike County have been arrested in connection with those deaths, Ohio’s attorney general said Tuesday.

Child custody — not drugs as widely believed in an area methamphetamine and opioids remain problems — was the primary motive for the killings, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said, dismissing the theory that slain Rhoden family members had a soured marijuana business relationship.   Continue reading “Custody battle played starring role in 2016 slaying of 8 family members in Ohio, prosecutors say; 6 arrested”

Breitbart – by Robert Arce

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland announced the indictment of three men who were allegedly distributing a large amount of fentanyl for the Sinaloa and Tijuana Cartels.

A federal grand jury indicted Nevone McCrimmon, 47, of Edgewood, Maryland; William Elijah, 51, and Terrance Mobley, 50, both of Baltimore; on the federal charge of conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute 400 grams or more of fentanyl. The indictments were returned on October 24, and unsealed on October 30, 2018. If convicted, the defendants each face a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in federal prison and a maximum of life imprisonment.   Continue reading “Mexican Cartel-Connected Fentanyl Ring Busted in Maryland, Say Feds”

Fox News

The supervisor of elections in Florida’s heavily Democratic Palm Beach County said Sunday that she did not believe her department would meet a Thursday deadline to complete recounts in the Sunshine State’s historically tight gubernatorial and Senate races, threatening to further confuse an increasingly chaotic and politically fraught process.

The supervisor, Susan Bucher, told reporters that she did not expect to meet the deadline due to aging equipment. Florida Department of State spokeswoman Sarah Revell told Fox News that under state law, if a county does not submit their results by the deadline, then the results on file at the time take their place. Revell added that Florida’s Secretary of State has no authority to grant extensions.   Continue reading “Nation watches as Sunshine State descends into election recount, lawsuit madness”

Yahoo News

QUERETARO, Mexico (Reuters) – Hundreds of Central American migrants resumed their march north through Mexico on Saturday, en route to the U.S. border where President Donald Trump has effectively suspended the granting of asylum to migrants who cross illegally.

Trump’s Friday order, which went into effect on Saturday, means that migrants will have to present themselves at U.S. ports of entry to qualify for asylum and follow other rules unveiled on Thursday that seek to limit asylum claims.   Continue reading “Central American migrants resume their march toward U.S. border”

The Daily Caller – by Will Racke

A Mexican national charged with killing three people in Missouri in early November was released from a New Jersey county jail in 2017, despite being the subject an active immigration detention request, federal authorities said Friday.

Luis Perez, 23, allegedly killed two of his ex-roommates in Springfield, Missouri, on Nov. 1 and then, a day later, shot and killed a woman who had accompanied him to the first two murders.   Continue reading “Ice: Mexican National Released By Sanctuary County Went On To Commit Triple Murder”

Fox News

A major shot across the bow from President Trump on Thursday may give migrants in the Central American caravan second thoughts about entering the U.S.

The caravan, numbering roughly 6,000, spent one more night in Mexico City before continuing north to Queretaro.

However, in a statement issued jointly by the DHS and DOJ, the administration said migrants will not be allowed to enter the U.S. illegally to file asylum claims, which is how the vast majority of roughly 150,000 Central American families and children entered the U.S. last fiscal year.   Continue reading “Migrant caravan plows on despite facing border bottleneck after Trump tightens asylum rules”

The Hill – by Timothy Cama

A federal judge blocked the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline Thursday, saying the Trump administration’s justification for approving it last year was incomplete.

In a major victory for environmentalists and indigenous rights groups, Judge Brian Morris of the District Court for the District of Montana overturned President Trump’s permit for the Canada-to-Texas pipeline, which the president signed shortly after taking office last year.   Continue reading “Judge blocks Keystone XL pipeline”

Zero Hedge – by Tyler Durden

Police was responding on Friday to active shooter situation at the Topsail High School, near Wilmington according to WECT, a local television station. Law enforcement sources say the scene is “still active.”

Based on live pictures from WECT-TV, there is a heavy law enforcement presence at the school, which is located at 245 N. Saint Johns Church Road in Hampstead.   Continue reading “Police Respond To Active Shooter Situation At North Carolina High School”

NBC News

The U.S. military mission at the Mexican border will no longer be called “Operation Faithful Patriot,” according to officials.

The formerly named “Operation Faithful Patriot” is a deployment of nearly 5,200 troops, who joined 2,000 troops already stationed at the U.S.-Mexico border.   Continue reading “Department of Defense drops ‘Operation Faithful Patriot’ title from military border mission”

Town Hall – by Beth Baumann

For months, gun control advocates in Washington State have peddled initiative 1639, which moves to create stricter firearms laws. On Tuesday, 60 percent of Washingtonians voted in favor of ballot measure, the Seattle Times reported.

Specifically, i-1639 will:   Continue reading “Voters in WA State Pass Massive Gun Control Initiative”

Washington Examiner – by Anna Giaritelli

More than 3,200 migrants who had been a part of caravans moving from Central America to the United States’ southern border have abandoned the group to either stay in Mexico or return to their home countries, according to the Mexican government.

The country’s Interior Ministry reported 3,230 people had asked the government permission to stay in Mexico as refugees as of Tuesday. After the refugee process completed, a temporary shelter in Tapachula was shut down.   Continue reading “Caravan migrants thin out as 3,230 apply for asylum in Mexico”

Yahoo News

(Reuters) – Motel 6 will pay up to $7.6 million to Hispanic guests to settle a proposed class-action lawsuit claiming that it violated their privacy by regularly providing guest lists to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.

Terms of the preliminary settlement with eight Hispanic plaintiffs – seven from Arizona and one from Washington state – were disclosed in a Nov. 2 filing with the federal court in Phoenix.   Continue reading “Motel 6 to pay $7.6 million for giving guest lists to U.S. immigration”