Just watch a couple minutes of this to get a sense of Blankfein’s arrogance. I had not seen this testimony before today. Blankfein is surprisingly candid with the panel, as he admits that Goldman squeezed and suffocated AIG until it needed a massive taxpayer bailout that ultimately reached more than $180 billion, in which Goldman and its clients were conveniently paid 100 cents on the dollar.
In very abbreviated form, here’s what actually happened.
- Goldman made outrageous demands for billions in cash from AIG.
- AIG eventually couldn’t pay and was facing bankruptcy.
- Paulson installed Goldman alum Ed Liddy as CEO of the bailed-out AIG.
- Dan Jester sabotaged any attempt at payment negotiation on AIG’s behalf.
- AIG was forced to pay Goldman 100 cents on the dollar which was beyond ridiculous.
- Goldman and its clients got at least $80 billion from bailed-out AIG.
- Goldman and AIG execs took BILLIONS in bonuses while they were bailed out.
- You paid for all of it.
2 thoughts on “Lloyd Blankfein: ‘Here’s Exactly How We Killed AIG’”
Compare the expressions, gestures and mannerisms to this:
I’d like to tie Blankfein to a pole and get my baseball bat out. I’ll take my time, don’t worry. And that jew bitch, tie her up right next to him!