Business Insider – by Danny Vinik
Last week, the Obama administration announced that anyone whose health plan was cancelled due to the Affordable Care Act and believe other plans offered are unaffordable will receive a ‘hardship waiver.’ This waiver exempts them from the individual mandate and allows them to purchase a cheaper catastrophic plan that was previously available only to those under the age of 30.
But losing your health insurance is not the only experience that qualifies a person for a waiver. In fact, there are 13 other ways that people qualify.
Here are all 14 straight from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid:
- You were homeless.
- You were evicted in the past 6 months or were
facing eviction or foreclosure.
- You received a shut-off notice from a utility company.
- You recently experienced domestic violence.
- You recently experienced the death of a close family member.
- You experienced a fire, flood, or other natural human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to your property.
- You filed for bankruptcy in the last 6 months.
- You had medical expenses you couldn’t pay in the last 24 months.
- You experienced unexpected increases in necessary expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member.
- You expect to claim a child as a tax dependent who’s been denied coverage in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and another person is required by court order to give medical support to the child.
- As a result of an eligibility appeals decision, you’re eligible either for: 1) enrollment in a qualified health plan (QHP) through the Marketplace, 2) lower costs on your monthly premiums, or 3) cost-sharing reductions for a time period when you weren’t enrolled in a QHP through the Marketplace.
- You were determined ineligible for Medicaid because your state didn’t expand eligibility for Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
- You received a notice saying that your current health insurance plan is being cancelled, and you consider the other plans available unaffordable.
- You experienced another hardship in obtaining health insurance.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-14-ways-you-may-qualify-for-an-exemption-to-the-individual-mandate-2013-12#ixzz2ozREGVWy
7 thoughts on “The 14 Ways You Can Get Out Of Being Forced To Have Health Insurance”
How about NOT going along with Obamacare at all because it is unconstitutional? How hard is that? Why are people still debating or trying to find ways around it? IT’S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! ILLEGAL!!! CANNOT BE ENFORCED!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!
It’s so damn simple. JUST DON’T DO IT!!! If everyone doesn’t do it, then it’s impossible to enforce. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???!!!! JUST WALK AWAY AND DON’T DO IT!!! IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!
Wake up, sheeple!
They can try and make me pay,,,,,
I guarantee it wont go how these arrogant bureaucrats think it will.
+1 to you both.
F#@k the waiver.
I refuse to acknowledge obamacare.
They forgot number 15. The complete destruction of the IRS caused by trials, shootings and hangings of “officials” due to Revolutionary war.
I hope it doesn’t come to that but I figured I’d throw that one in there anyways.
Another thing is this: anyone that falls under certain income levels cannot be penalized. Ultimately though, the fact stated above by NC is exactly right, it is illegal under our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
14 different ways to get out of Obamacare as if you have no choice. I have 1 very simple way. I know it’s very hard for brainwashed sheeple, but believe me, it is so simple that you don’t even have to lift a finger. How about we stop talking about it as if it were forced on you because it is NOT! How about ignoring it? Is that so hard?
But, oh golly wiz, it’s just so hard. I mean it’s out there and we just can’t let it go.
IT’S SO FRIGGIN SIMPLE!!! IGNORE IT!!! PERIOD! END OF STORY! It’s unconstitutional, unenforceable, illegal, so just IGNORE IT!!!!
Why is something so simple so complicated to everyone? Why this collective go along to get along shit?
YOU’RE AN INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING!!! THINK FOR YOURSELF!! STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!! WHO CARES WHAT THESE TREASONOUS BASTARDS IN OUR GOVERNMENT SAY! IGNORE IT AND MOVE ON!!! How much more clear do I have to put it? It’s not that big of a deal! Just IGNORE IT!!!
If it makes you feel better, LAUGH IN THEIR FACE!! That’s what I do.
I for one dont file taxes for my person. So a tax imposed on the corp me means nothing to me the man.
A, will never sign a government doc with anything short of under duress all rights reserved
B, am not party to this contract and there for need not do anything.
The burden of proof falls on them. Prove I am obligated. Prove im under contract. Prove you have jurisdiction over me. FORCE me too. catch this bullet.