WACO – 85 Innocent Men, Women and Children Murdered

Don’t you think it’s strange that we cry and remember 9/11 and all the people who died, especially the children, but yet NO one remembers the people, including the children, that were burned to death in Waco Texas by our OWN Government? Can anyone explain why this is?

David Koresh (originally named Vernon Howell) and his followers and some children had set up a base in Waco, Texas. Some members were recruited from as far away as Australia. Claiming to be Christ, Koresh claimed to have a special interpretation of the mysterious seven seals described in the Bible’s Book of Revelation.


In late February 1993, after preliminary investigations, the ATF began preparing for what would be its biggest raid in history. They were concerned about the stockpiling of weapons at the Koresh compound, as well as the possible endangerment of children. All it lacked was a plan- and the element of surprise. When acting Special Agent in Charge Darrell Dyer arrived from Kansas City and asked to see the paperwork, he found that none existed. In the next four days, Dyer and fellow agent William Krone drew up a plan-but it was never distributed.

On the day of the raid, February 28, 1993, an ambulance company hired by the ATF agents leaked word of “Operation Trojan Horse” to a local TV station, which then sent a cameraman to check on the situation. The cameraman asked a local postman, David Jones, for directions to the Koresh compound. He also told Jones about the raid. Jones, who was Koresh’s brother-in-law, informed Koresh.

An undercover agent at Koresh’s compound found out that Koresh knew of the pending raid and found an excuse to leave. The agent in charge of the raid, Philip Chojnacki, decided the raid should still go on. On March 29, ATF head Higgins claimed, “We would not have executed the plans if our supervisors had lost the element of surprise.”


Following the disastrous ATF raid, the Koresh matter was turned over to the FBI.

A standoff took place, lasting 51 days. The FBI and their people wanted Koresh and his followers to come out, and face charges concerning the killing and wounding of ATF agents.

For awhile, the FBI had had success negotiating with Koresh. They got 37 people out, including 21 children, before negotiations went sour. To make their tactical case, officials had to depend on their intelligence from the inside of the compound, but as Koresh grew more paranoid it was harder to gather. After negotiating to send in milk, magazines and a typewriter, they tucked in tiny listening devices as well to monitor Koresh’s moods. But cult members were said to have found the bugs and destroyed them.


Prior to the assault, the FBI came to Attorney General Janet Reno with their plan, laid out in a briefing book, That started a week of meetings, briefings, phone calls and more meetings in which Reno probed the motives and methods the Bureau laid out.

The plan ultimately presented to Reno, involved pumping tear gas into the compound to create enough chaos to distract anyone intent on either firing back or orchestrating a mass suicide. Perhaps those wavering would come out.

That was the plan FBI director William Sessions and his deputies put before Reno on Monday morning. She had many questions. Why now? What is Koresh likely to do? Is this the best way to go? Her questions always came back to the children.

Reno was told that child abuse was going on at the compound, ranging from slapping around to the “ongoing pattern of young girls in there being sexually abused.”  She approved the plan at 7:15 p.m. She called President Clinton the next night to inform him of her plan. The assault began the next morning.


The pounding began a few minutes after 6 a.m., April 19, when an armored combat engineer vehicle with a long, insistent steel nose began prodding a corner of the main building. Shots rang out from the windows the moment agents began pumping in tear gas.

A second CEV joined in bucking walls, breaking windows, nudging, nudging, as though moving the building would move those inside.

Koresh left his apartment on the top floor and stalked the halls. “Get your gas masks on,” he told them. The masks would protect them for hours. They went about their chores, even as a tank crashed through the front door, past the piano, the potato sacks and the propane tank barricaded against it.

The vehicles exhaled clouds of tear gas as the rounds of bullets rained down on them. Fleeing the gas, the women and children clustered in the center of the second floor, from which there was no exit.

A few minutes past noon, FBI agents claimed they saw a Davidian in a gas mask cupping his hands, as though lighting something. Soon, an explosion rocked the compound, then another and another as ammunition stores blew up. The building shuddered like the earthquake Koresh had foretold.

The FBI waited to see adults or children coming out. No one did. Eventually word got out that several adult Davidians were outside the building. Ruth Riddle, who had jumped through a hole punched in the wall, was spotted. She was taken to safety by FBI agents. A man appeared on the roof, his clothing in flames. He fell off the roof. Agents put out the fire and took him to safety.

Helped by 30 mile per hour wind, flames roared through the Branch Davidian compound. The fire raced through the big parlor, feeding on the wooden benches and the stacks of Bibles kept by the door. The chapel crackled as flames consumed the wooden pew-like bleachers for his audience. Table after table in the cafeteria burned, and rows of children’s wooden bunk beds upstairs, as the flames spread faster, through the attic that ran the length of the building like a wind tunnel. It burned fast because it was built on the cheap, tar paper, yellow pine, and plasterboard. By the time the fire fighters went into the compound, only ashes and bones were left, and questions.


Some speculated that the tanks punctured the propane tank barricading the door, sending flames speeding through a storage room full of gallon fuel containers for the lanterns, lighting the hay bales and other debris.

Survivor Avraam claims, “People had no time to get out. The fire spread very fast,” says Avraam, who escaped by diving out a window.


At the time, FBI Agent Sage claimed, “I saw three fires almost simultaneously.” Insisted Sage, “There’s no question but that it was not started by the tanks in front of the building. That’s ridiculous. I saw tanks at different points from where the fires were.”


As the week progressed the FBI had to back off certain claims: that they had fresh evidence of child abuse, that they had actually seen a cult member lighting the fire, and that some victims were shot by fellow Davidians for trying to flee.


A couple days before the fiery destruction, Koresh promised that he and his followers would emerge as soon a he had finished his manuscript interpreting the Seven Seals of the Bible’s Book of Revelation.

FBI officials, exasperated after the 51-day siege and by Koresh’s constantly shifting demands about the terms of his surrender, doubted that the manuscript existed and went ahead with the raid.

A woman who escaped from the fire carried with her the first, 13 page, installment of Koresh’s manuscript.


According to a 220 page critique of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms issued by the Treasury Department in October of 1993, the Feb. 28rd raid on David Koresh’s compound in Waco, Texas, resulted in the death of four ATF agents and six cult members and led to a 51-day siege and a fiery conflagration that claimed the lives of 85 people, including at least 17 children. The Bureau, the report said, not only handled a sensitive situation ineptly but tried to cover up its bumbling with lies and obfuscations. As the study coldly noted, “There may be occasions when pressing operational considerations-or legal constraints-prevent law-enforcement officials from being… completely candid in their public utterances. This was not one of them.” The field commanders made “inaccurate and disingenuous statements” to cover up their missteps, putting the blame on agents.

After the report was released, Treasury Secretary Lloyd Bentsen, whose department is in charge of ATF, announced the replacement of the agency’s entire top management. Its boss, Stephen Higgins, who knew the report was going to be harsh, announced his retirement three days before.


There is reason to believe the FBI played a big role in the deaths of those at the Waco compound. Whether the FBI, by accident, or Koresh and his followers, on purpose, started the fires that killed most of those at the compound will never be clear. But, if the FBI had been patient, there MIGHT have been a peaceful end to the standoff. We will never know for sure.

Follow Xuly http/twitter.com/#!/Sam1aso 

3 thoughts on “WACO – 85 Innocent Men, Women and Children Murdered

  1. #1 The FBI attempted to assassinate Koresh by firing through the door first.
    #2 The FBI cut off negotiations when Koresh was ready to surrender.
    #3 The FBI used 2 different types of tear gas, when they are combined they form airborne Hydrochloric acid. Janet Reno, with a Major in chemistry, knew this.
    #4 The tanks went in at the door to the bunker, blocking any escape from it. with piled up debris.
    #5 The fire started at the bunker and at 2 other places the FLIR footage shows were on the OUTSIDE walls of the compound.
    #6 The FLIR footage shows gunfire at the back door to the compound away from cameras from both sides. This is where many of the bodies were found.
    #7 There was a 12 inch hole in the top of the bunker that could only have been caused by a shaped charge that subsequently killed the women and children trapped in there. The bunker was high density concrete with steel reinforcement, No LP can could cause that.
    #8 The bullets found in Koresh and his 2nd in command were .223.
    Koresh used AK47’s which are 7.62×39 mm
    #9 Many of the investigators working against the government case met untimely deaths or quit. No govt investigators quit or died.
    #10 The judge in the case was ordered to hand out lengthy sentences to the survivors to keep them quiet at least until the next administration took over. (against the jurors wishes)
    #11 The sniper who murdered Vickie Weaver was brought in and was heard shooting at the time of the Fire. (the FBI’s favorite hit man,Lon Horiuchi )
    #12 The compound was demolished and 3 inches of soil was scraped off of the entire area to destroy evidence of this massacre.
    #13 None of the officials responsible for the murders has ever been brought to justice.

  2. This is the same bunch of assassins that killed a 12 yrs old boy and a mother holding a baby in her arms at Ruby Ridge. And the brutish handling of a poor old woman who only had a .38 revolver in her home for protection in New Orleans during the hurricane. She sure could not look to this bunch of Berlin Brutes for protection. I’m surprised they didn’t club her to death. They will probably bring some Abrams tanks, and C-130 gunships to kill the ranchers and their kids. The FBI lied about it then and will do it again. Of course the president is a story in itself.

  3. The mass murder of 80 plus men, women and children at Waco, Texas by government goons on April19, 1993. Bill Clinton was president and allowed this to happen. Why isn’t this an issue during this presidential election? People burned alive like the Nazi’s did to the jews during WW2. What was Hillary’s reaction to this horrible crime. Bill Clinton should face a firing squad for this.

Join the Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *