Started streaming 2 hours ago
Happening now: US-China Economic & Security Review Commission holds hearing on “Exploring the Growing US Reliance on China’s Biotech and Pharmaceutical Products.” The US Department of Defense and pharmaceutical experts will testify. The hearing comes 2 months after Fox News reported on the national security concerns raised by America’s dependence on China for active ingredients found in all medicines.
U.S. – China Economic and Security Review Commission
9:30 AM – 9:35 AM: Opening Remarks: Senator Jim Talent and Commissioner Michael Wessel
9:35 AM – 10:20 AM: Panel I: Administration Views on Chinese Pharmaceutical, Medical Product, and Biotechnology Development and Sourcing
- Christopher Priest, Chief of Staff, Defense Health Agency Operations Directorate (J-3) [Testimony]
- Mark Abdoo, Associate Commissioner for Global Policy and Strategy, Food and Drug Administration [Statement for the Record]
10:35: AM – 12:35 PM: Panel II: China’s Role in Global Health and Activities in the United States
- Rosemary Gibson, Senior Advisor, Hastings Center, Author, “China Rx” [Testimony]
- Ben Westhoff, Author, “Fentanyl, Inc.” [Testimony]
- Dr. Jennifer Bouey, Tang Chair in China Policy Studies, RAND Corporation; Associate Professor, Georgetown University’s School of Nursing and Health Studies [Testimony]
- Dr. Mark Kazmierczak, Scientist and Associate, Gryphon Scientific LLC [Testimony]
12:35 PM – 1:30 PM: Lunch Break
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Panel III: U.S.-China Links in Health and Medical Products: Risks and Opportunities
- Benjamin Shobert, Managing Director, Rubicon Strategy Group, Senior Associate, National Bureau of Asian Research [Testimony]
- Katherine Eban, Author, “Bottle of Lies” [Testimony]
- Dr. Yanzhong Huang, Senior Fellow for Global Health, Council on Foreign Relations; Professor, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University [Testimony]
- Craig Allen, President, US-China Business Council [Testimony]
3:35 PM: Adjourn
3 thoughts on “Hearing on “Exploring the Growing U.S. Reliance on China’s Biotech and Pharmaceutical Products””
“The US Department of Defense and pharmaceutical experts will testify.”
What can they say?
Big Pharma is toxic enough as it is… buy that sh#t from the Chinks and the death rate will probably triple, at least.
We make it they steal it then we paid for it