The NSA is spying on everyone’s personal communications. It’s operating without any meaningful oversight.
On October 26th, the 12th anniversary of the signing of the USA Patriot Act, we’re holding the largest rally yet against NSA surveillance. We’ll be handing more than a half-million petitions to Congress to remind them that they work for us — and we won’t tolerate mass surveillance any longer.
A stellar group of whistleblowers, activists, researchers and others from both sides of the political spectrum will be speaking at this historic event. The list includes:
- Congressman Justin Amash
- Former Congressman Dennis Kucinich
- Bruce Schneier, internationally renowned security technologist
- Former senior NSA executive and whistleblower Thomas Drake
- Indie pop senation YACHT
- Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson
- Lt. Dan Choi, LGBT advocate and U.S. veteran
- Laura Murphy, ACLU
- Rainey Reitman, EFF
- Craig Aaron, Free Press
- Social critic Naomi Wolf
- Kymone Freeman, Director of the National Black LUV Fest
- Khaliah Barnes, EPIC
- Shahid Buttar, Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Malachi Byrd, DC Youth Poetry Slam Team
- Wafa Ben Hassine, writer and human rights advocate
- NOT4PROPHET, Hip Hop MC and community organizer
- Black Alley, DC-based soul-garage band
Marchers will gather in front of Union Station at 11:30 a.m. by the Christopher Columbus Memorial Fountain in Columbus Circle. Shortly after noon we’ll march to the National Mall at 3rd Street and Madison Dr. NW, in front of the Capitol Reflecting Pool, where there will be a stage set up for our rally speakers, musicians, and performers.
Read more and see a map.
Live Streaming Video of the Rally
StopWatching.us is a coalition of more than 100 public advocacy organizations and companies from across the political spectrum. We came together in June 2013 to demand the U.S. Congress investigate the full extent of the NSA’s spying programs. Go here to read our letter to U.S. Congress demanding accountability and reform.