Time continues to tick by and millions of 99ers grow more and more desperate with each passing moment. The bright side is we are seeing more organization in our ranks every day. Many of us are ready and willing to promote and further our cause. However at the moment all our efforts are being stifled through blatant violations of our most basic freedoms and rights.
Today we are going to address Lloyd Doggett, a Democrat from Texas and a ranking member of the Subcommittee on Human Resources of the House Ways and Means where HR 589 sits in limbo. Doggett, like the rest of the members of the subcommittee has taken the position that he will refuse to hear our voices, which begs the question, if not us, who does he represent?
Quoted from the Foreign Lobbying Influence Tracker there have been four foreign contacts for Lloyd Doggett.
- 3-20-09 – Hearing with the Government of Aruba on a Ways and Means Committee hearing on tax havens and banking secrecy.
- 9-25-07 – Email with the Government of Ethiopia regarding HR 2003.
- 3-11-09 – Email with the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt regarding a follow-up to an invitation they had received to an event, “Egypt Today: Perceptions and Realities,” hosted by MidAmr Group and Egypt’s International Economic Forum.
- 11-28-07 – Meeting with the Government of Turkey regarding US-Turkish relations.
Mr. Doggett also voted against laws requiring photo identification in order to vote as he believes citizens of another country should be able to vote in our elections. He also co-sponsored the Dream Act which would give amnesty to millions who entered our country illegally. There are fifteen million of our desperately needed jobs being worked by illegal aliens at present.
You see it doesn’t matter whether our so called representatives come from the false left or the false right because they are sticking the knife in us from both sides.
As a 99er it is beyond frustrating to just sit idly by while HR 589 is being delayed. We must force the avenues of communication open as it is our right to participate in every government process dealing with our plight.
The way the 99ers are being treated at present is contemptible. We must match their contempt tit for tat.
Call the Capitol switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask for the members of the Sub-Committee on Human Services.
- Geoff Davis, KY, Chairman
- Lloyd Doggett, TX Ranking Member
- Jim McDermott, WA
- John Lewis, GA
- Joseph Crowley, NY
- Adrian Smith, NE
- Erik Paulsen, MN
- Rick Berg, ND
- Tom Price, GA
- Diane Black, TN
- Charles Boustany, LA