Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday suspended his presidential bid for the Republican nomination following a crushing defeat by Donald Trump in the Indiana primary.
Cruz told dismayed supporters the path to victory had been closed.
“I’ve said I would continue on as long as there was a viable path to victory; tonight I’m sorry to say it appears that path has been foreclosed,” Cruz told a somber crowd in Indianapolis. Continue reading “Cruz drops out of presidential race following major defeat by Trump in Indiana”