Following President Obama’s decision to pass the blame buck to Congress (and its oh-so-great track record of making decisions), the Syrian Electronic Army has struck again. This time right at the heart of the matter – defacing the “Marines.com” website. As The Independent reports, the US Marines received a message calling for support from their “brothers, the Syrian army soldiers” – in the form of a web attack changing the homepage of the official Marines recruitment site to a page entitled ““Hacked by SEA.” The message also stated,“Obama is a traitor who wants to put your lives in danger to rescue al-Qaida insurgents,” which seems to fit with many of their perspectives as we have noted previously. Full text and screenshot below… Continue reading “Syrian Electronic Army Hacks “Marines.com”; Calls Them “Brothers” In Arms”
Author: Admin
Syria has asked the United Nations to prevent “any aggression” against Syria following a call over the weekend by U.S. President Barack Obama for punitive strikes against the Syrian military for last month’s chemical weapons attack.
Washington says more than 1,400 people, many of them children, were killed in the world’s worst use of chemical arms since Iraq’s Saddam Hussein gassed thousands of Kurds in 1988. Continue reading “Syria asks the United Nations to stop U.S. strike”
Anew surveillance progamme has now come to light that is far greater in size than NSA’s PRISM programme, according to the New York Times. Law enforcement officers, as part of a counter-narcotics programme, have routinely been able to access a huge AT&T database containing decades of American phone calls records for the past six years. Continue reading “US drug agent-run surveillance programme surfaces, reportedly bigger than PRISM”
In Washington DC:
About 100 anti-war protesters and some 50 supporters of the Syrian opposition faced off outside the White House Saturday as President Barack Obama weighed a strike against the Damascus regime.
Police on horseback intervened to separate the two groups who for several minutes appeared on the verge of coming to blows. Continue reading “Anti-War Protests Across the Country”
The Obama administration tried to prevent UN inspections of the chemical attack. It failed, although the weapons inspectors were forced to leave a day early.
The real question is whether the U.S. will wait for the results of the tests, which could take weeks.
As can be seen below, the rockets used in the attacks are certainly non-standard, and much less sophisticated even then a Scud missile. Continue reading “Actual Video of UN Weapons Inspectors Examining Syrian Chemical Weapon Rockets”
A “terrorist” staged an unsuccessful attack on a container ship passing through the Suez Canal on Saturday, in an attempt to disrupt the flow of ships through the waterway, the head of the Suez Canal Authority Mohab Memish said.
The Suez Canal is a key global shipping line which is secured by the armed forces. Continue reading “Suez Canal Authority says attack attempted on container ship”
Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared ‘utter nonsense’ the idea that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on its own people and called on the US to present its supposed evidence to the UN Security Council.
Putin has further called the Western tactic a ‘provocation.’ Continue reading “Putin: US should present Syria evidence to Security Council”
Yesterday, the White House released an intelligence report assessing “with high confidence” that chemical weapons were used in Syria on civilians by the Syrian government. There are serious doubts both within U.S. intelligence agencies and the international community as the whether this allegation is accurate.
It is fairly evident that some sort of nerve gas was released on August 21 in Ghouta, near Damascus. The real question is: Who released it? The U.S. claims it was fired by the Syrian government with rockets and artillery. Independent and foreign media outlets and the governments of other nations claim otherwise. Continue reading “Doubts regarding who used chemical weapons in Syria”
University of South Florida researchers have begun work to excavate graves at a former reform school known for extreme abuse.
USF spokeswoman Lara Wade has confirmed that measuring and marking work began Saturday morning at the now-closed Dozier Arthur G. Dozier School. Digging will follow. Continue reading “Grave excavation work begins at Florida reform school site known for abuse”
Mint Press News- by Martin Michaels
“They said you’re going to be a millionaire in a couple of years, but none of that has happened,” said Don Feusner, an owner of a dairy cattle farm in Northern Pennsylvania. “I guess we’re expected to just take whatever they want to give us.”
Like many landowners in Pennsylvania, Feusner was promised generous royalties from the natural gas wells on his farm. ProPublica reports that the issue has become a widespread problem, not only in Pennsylvania, but across the United States. Oil and gas companies appear to be withholding billions of dollars in royalties owed to landowners like Feusner who agreed to lease land for fracking operations. Continue reading “Landowners Shorted Billions In Fracking Revenue From Oil Companies”
A North Carolina student was injured and another taken into police custody after shots were fired in an altercation during a fire drill at a high school in Winston-Salem on Friday, authorities said.
Gunfire was reported at 2:30 p.m. EDT at Carver High School as students began to walk back inside the school buildings at the end of a planned fire drill, Winston-Salem Police Chief Barry Rountree said at a press conference. Continue reading “Shots fired during North Carolina high school fire drill”
The Tennessee Highway Patrol and local law enforcement agencies will conduct a special “no refusal” DUI enforcement campaign in several counties across the state this holiday weekend.
Tennessee’s “no refusal” law allows officers to seek search warrants for blood samples when they suspect a driver to be impaired. Continue reading “Tennessee Highway Patrol To Conduct ‘No Refusal’ DUI Checks”
During his State Department speech today, Secretary of State John Kerry grossly misrepresented the facts about the chemical attack at Ghouta near Damascus.
“The United States government now knows that at least 1,429 Syrians were killed in this attack, including at least 426 children,” Kerry said. “I’m not asking you to take my word for it. Read for yourself, everyone… the evidence from thousands of sources, evidence that is already publicly available,” he added. Continue reading “Kerry Misrepresents Syria Chemical War Dead”
The UK may be out, but Saudi Arabia isn’t taking any chances. Moments ago, Reuters reported that the regime which as we reported is behind the entire conflict in Syria (hint: nat gas) has raised its level of military alertness in anticipation of a possible Western strike in Syria, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday. Saudi Arabia’s defense readiness, their version of DefCon, has been raised to “two” from “five”, a Saudi military source who declined to be named told Reuters. “One” is the highest level of alert. “It is a must, no one knows what will happen,” he said. And so all those who thought there would be no war and sold off gold and crude, are suddenly caught short. Continue reading “Saudi Arabia Goest To “DefCon 2””
In an interview with Dale Gavlak, a Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press and Mint Press News, Syrian rebels tacitly implied that they were responsible for last week’s chemical attack.
“From numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families….many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the (deadly) gas attack,” he writes in the article. Continue reading “Syrian rebels take responsibility for the chemical attack admitting the weapons were provided by Saudis”
Blocked at the UN by Russia and stripped of British backing, US President still ready to launch assault.
The US is facing the prospect of attacking Syria without UN approval and without the support of its closest ally following last night’s defeat of a Commons motion approving Britain’s involvement. Continue reading “Syria latest: Obama set to attack despite falling support”